10/14/2006

Mt. Nebo Baptist Church, Missouri


Mt. Nebo Baptist Church, between Pilot Grove and Bunceton, Missouri. It was founded as a log schoolhouse church in 1820 and then rebuilt 1856. My great great great great great grandfather Peter Woods (1762-1825) preached here.
We have a long Baptist tradition on my grandma's side. I remember my grandma recounting the horrors of her childhood, where they couldn't dance because it was the devil's movement. She proceeded to recount a list of taboos. Basically, anything that was fun was frowned upon by my great grandma.
Uncle Pat (Vincent) forwarded the picture to me. His cousin Lauri (I think that makes her my first cousin once removed) took it a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Tropic of Cancer Taiwan

  The Provincial Highway 9 Ruishui Marker (above) marks the Tropic of Cancer, 23.5 degrees on the northern latitude, in Taiwan. The spot was...